The UC Berkeley Career Center has served Cal students through the Externship Program since 1999. The Career Center and Cal Alumni Association partnership expands the job shadowing program to more alumni volunteers. Together we can support the career development of more Cal students!
Cal alumni worldwide are invited to register to be an extern sponsor and share their work experiences through job shadowing with a Cal student (or several students). The deadline to register has been extended to Wednesday, October 19, 2016.
Register to be a sponsor here.
- Externships can last from one day to two weeks.
- Dates: January 2-13, 2017
- Students observe the day-to-day activities of the host sponsors.
- Students may provide very limited assistance with projects to help acquaint them with the organization.
- Students do not receive academic credit or pay.
- Students are responsible for their own housing and travel arrangements.
As an extern sponsor, you can:
- Assist Cal freshmen and sophomores with their career development.
- Share your expertise and knowledge about your field and the work world.
- Build new connections with the Cal campus.
- Meet smart Cal students who might become great interns or employees at your organization.